Monday 17 February 2014

Yummy Cadbury Creme Egg Brownies

These brownies have gone down like a storm. They're messy, gooey and god damn tasty! This was the first batch I've ever made and I think it's fair to say I will be making them a lot more from now until Easter. 


Ingredients 

185g unsalted butter
185g dark chocolate
40g cocoa powder
85g plain flour
3 eggs 
275g caster sugar 
5 creme eggs ( you can use more/less if you want) 

Firstly, preheat the oven to 180 (gas mark 4). Whilst the ovens heating up you can get on with the prep work. 
Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of hot water, stirring occasionally. Whilst that's melting, mix together the 3 eggs and sugar with an electric whisk on a high speed until you have a mousse like consistency. This should take 2-3 minutes. Once your chocolate and butter have melted, add them to a separate bowl with the melted chocolate and butter, and then combine it all together. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and gently fold in - 




If you have a proper brownie tin that's great, use it. If not, any square tin will do like the one I used. Pour the mix in and then whack it in the oven for 15 minutes 

Whilst the brownie is baking, start halving the Creme Eggs. This is a skill I tell you. I found it easier if you use a serrated knife. It doesn't matter if the eggs aren't cut exactly in half because it's quite a messy bake anyway. 

Let the brownie bake for a further 10 minutes until they are completely done and nice and gooey. 


Portion the brownie up and then you're ready to serve. I can't express how good these taste so you'll have to bake some for yourself to see. If you do, let me know how you get on. 
Enjoy

Ceri xx

6 comments:

  1. Mmm... they look delicious! Great post x

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun i'm about to nominate you for a liebster award, please keep your eye on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cliona :) . Have you had a try and making them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. *drool* these look AMAZING! My friend made me some for my birthday, it's such a good recipe! Definitely going to try them soon :-)
    I've nominated you for the Liebster award, please check out my blog and give it a go!
    Annie x

    www.heyanniemay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious!

    Have a wonderful day.

    xoxo
    Kelly

    http://www.we-heart-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look so good! definitely going to make them soon X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete